Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Year, New Location, New Blog


Where to begin?

I suppose where I last left off. I finished up my Peace Corps service which was a whirlwind of emotions. I think I cried from the time I said goodbye to my Filipino family at the airport til the time I met up with other volunteers in Manila who were COSing as well. At the same time I was excited to travel and see what the world had in store for me next. Thailand and Cambodia were both amazing...in different ways. Thailand was about food, fun, and temples. Cambodia was emotional. I didn't know that much about Pol Pot's Regime or realize it's magnitude until seeing the Killing Fields and Tuol Sleng Museum.

Back in America now, making a life in Boulder, Colorado. Which I love more than I ever thought I would. Peace Corps made me pretty adaptable so I knew I would make this work and make it home. However, I didn't expect it to be home so soon. I love being able to walk downtown in 10minutes, I love being able to meet a friend for coffee or tea and kill an afternoon watching people, I love being in our kitchen whether its washing dishes or dicing garlic while catching up on the days events...

No job as of yet...that's the only downside. The job search is frustrating because everyone is looking and employer's are looking at mountains of resumes and you are just another name. But I have faith that something good will come about.


My non-Resolutions resolutions...
-find a job that I love
-learn Spanish
-establish an early/regular bedtime
-volunteer more
-go to the gym more
-climb harder routes with no taking and no cheating
-actually boulder without being a scaredy cat
-try to get into running...I hear its good for you
-read more
-write more postcards


I'm sure I'm leaving out something. eeeeep!


I am dedicating this first blog post to Dawn and Elise...Dawn I told you I would start up again if you did...sorry it took so long...Elise thanks for the blogging and climbing push.

No comments:

Post a Comment