Friday, January 22, 2010

Why I love ACC Sports

Yesterday, I wore my NC State Sweatshirt mostly for warmth and admittedly forgetting that we just beat DOOK. Page and I were at Neptune Mountaineering shopping for some hiking boots...we were talking at the register when a man approached and said as he pointed at my hoodie "Great win over Duke! I went to Wake." Insta-happiness for me. :) As he was walking out with his small son and their skis he said " Now you've got to beat Carolina while they're down!" It's great to see an ACC person out in Boulder. It's ALWAYS great for another ACC team to recognize another ACC team especially when they have a common enemy DOOK and Carolina makes me want to forgive Wake for the nut punch they delivered a few years ago.

I hope his son grows up to be a an ACC fan and go to an ACC school...it's okay with me if he goes to Wake...it'd be better if he went to State :)
Sidney Lowe agrees.

1 comment:

  1. I went to bed early and didn't get to see the second half, but when Jody came to bed, he told me State won. The next morning I wasn't sure if I dreamed it or if it really happened, I had taken Nyquil so that explains why.

    ReplyDelete